Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be triggered by specific injuries, a lifetime of repetitive motions, or even by the normal activities of everyday life.
Seemingly mundane tasks like lifting objects, sitting at your desk, or typing away at a computer can contribute to the wear and tear your body experiences over the years. Disorders that cause neck pain, such as osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease, can worsen if left untreated. Trauma caused by injuries or accidents can also take a toll.
A few of the most common causes of neck pain include:
• Bone or joint abnormalities
• Car accidents
• Head trauma
• The natural aging process
• Poor posture
• Degenerative diseases
• Muscle strain
• Auto-immune disorders
Our Georgia chiropractors at Dominguez Injury Centers can help relieve your neck pain, keep your joints limber, and improve your posture and flexibility.
Neck Pain Treatment
The best approach for managing your neck pain depends on the degree and severity of the pain you are experiencing. There are a few non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical neck pain management techniques that may benefit you as a part of the unique, comprehensive pain treatment plan developed by your chiropractor at Dominguez Injury Centers.
• Exercise – Specially designed passive and resistance neck exercises can increase neck strength and flexibility while improving a patient’s range of motion
• Behavior modification – We can teach you how to alleviate pain through a variety of non-medicinal relaxation and coping techniques
• Manual manipulation – Special chiropractic adjustments can be used to apply force to specific joints, muscles, and ligaments to relieve both chronic and acute neck pain
• Heat and ice treatments – The use of hot and cold packs, ultrasound, and diathermy can be used in combination with your exercise program to provide pain relief and improve neck function
Get Lasting Neck Pain Relief at Dominguez Injury Centers
If you're looking for a chiropractor for neck pain in Norcross, Chamblee, or Lawrenceville, Georgia your search can end here at Dominguez Injury Centers. We practice an integrative approach to healing with a focus on minimally invasive techniques.
The chiropractors at Dominguez Injury Centers look forward to meeting you and helping you find the pain-free life you've been seeking.
Please call for an appointment for neck pain treatment today or stop by the office for your first appointment. Walk-ins are always welcome, but you can also schedule an appointment to avoid waiting in office.