Dominguez Injury Centers
The majority of work injuries are not from serious accidents, but from overuse and repetitive stress injuries like lifting, bending, or awkward positions. Occasionally they can be due to ergonomic considerations like a poorly positioned computer monitor causing neck pain.
If you get hurt at work, the first thing you should do is report it to you employer. Georgia state law provides 72 hours from the time of the injury to report it. State law also provides you the right to choose your doctor. You don’t need a referral or permission to see a chiropractor.
Chiropractic Care for Workplace Injury
When workplace injuries impair your ability to perform your usual work and recreational activities they impair your quality of life. If you have been injured on the job, make sure you get the expertise and level of care needed to get you back to your normal self. Chiropractic care is often the best treatment option for common workplace injuries, including:
- Back Injuries (sprains, strains, disc problems)
- Neck Injuries (sprains, strains, joint dysfunction)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Headaches (caused by muscle tension, joint dysfunction, or poor posture)
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Extremity Numbness and Tingling
Getting Back to Normal
The doctors at Dominguez Injury Centers offer comprehensive services for workplace injuries. They are experts in rehabilitative therapy for occupational accidents and can create an individualized treatment and recovery plan to help you return to work and your regular activities pain-free. Our doctors can also provide you with strategies to help you avoid future injuries. Our treatments may include:
- Manual therapy—Occasional adjustments, combined with soft tissue rehabilitation, designed to restore normal movement and position joints.
- Soft tissue rehabilitation—Noninvasive therapies designed to return tight or damaged soft tissues throughout the body to regular motion, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, stretching, and strength and range-of-motion exercises.
- Home care—Personalized programs that are designed to help speed recovery, restore strength and mobility and improve posture. We provide postural education and active range of motion exercises as well as education for the use of ice packs and nutritional supplements that may be helpful.
Working With Insurance
Workers compensation usually fully covers your chiropractic care if you experience an accident while on the job. Visit Dominguez Injury Centers insurance information page for more details about workers compensation claims.
Make sure your workplace injury is properly assessed and treated. Schedule an appointment now! (404) 900-0000