Perhaps you are new to the idea of chiropractic care to treat your condition. You are not alone as many people find themselves with questions when entering into a different health and wellness treatment. Chiropractic is one of those issues that many have an opinion on, even when they don’t really know the facts.
Let’s review some information that can help you to better understand how chiropractic may potentially boost your overall health, both in the short and long term.
7 Frequently Asked Questions About Chiropractic Care
- What Is Chiropractic Care? A Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) is a highly trained medical doctor who has completed specialized training, completing that training with a series of four board examinations and the completion of state requirements. A chiropractor is a primary care doctor that has a focus on spinal health and well-being. They concentrate on the prevention, diagnosis and conservative care of spine-related disorders with an emphasis on treatment through manual adjustment and/or manipulation of the spine. Chiropractors do not prescribe drugs or perform surgical procedures, they do, however, refer patients for these services if they are medically indicated.
- Is Chiropractic Safe? Chiropractic care is not only safe but also effective, and generally free of side effects. In fact, research has shown that patients with back pain have a higher chance of more serious side effects when taking over-the-counter (OTC) non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen.
- What Is A Chiropractic Adjustment? A chiropractic adjustment is a specific, controlled and safe pressure applied to your spine to restore the normal motion and position of your vertebrae. It is a precise procedure that your highly trained and skilled chiropractor has learned and perfected over years of training at a Chiropractic College as well as in clinical practice.
- Do Chiropractic Adjustments Hurt? Typically, chiropractic adjustments usually are not painful. Adjustments to specific joints in the spine or extremities may feel like pressure or slightly awkward, but once the adjustment is made you should not feel pain. Generally, patients enjoy being adjusted as well as the way that the adjustment feels.
- How Many Chiropractic Visits Will You Need? The answer to this question varies from patient to patient and depends on the issue that is bringing you to them. During your first consultation, you will review the treatment plan as well as ask additional questions regarding your care and the costs involved. The goal is to feel better as soon as possible as well as to maintain that level of wellness.
- Can I See A Chiropractor If Pregnant? Seeking chiropractic care during pregnancy is safe and even beneficial. It can help the mother with proper spinal alignment and posture as they go through pregnancy, help prepare the body for delivery and reduce pain during and after pregnancy.
- Can Babies And Children Receive Chiropractic Care? While many parents worry about allowing chiropractic care for their small children, it is very gentle and safe and often goes unnoticed by babies and children. Chiropractic has the potential to aid in better sleep, provide immune and nervous system support and alleviate digestive issues in children.
Are you interested in how to improve your overall health and wellness? Chiropractic specializes in disorders of the body’s musculoskeletal and nervous systems, and how the two can impact each other and your overall health. Chiropractors use adjustments and spinal manipulations to restore, improve and maintain the normal functioning of the body. The frequently asked questions above will provide you with valuable information about chiropractic.
Contact us today! Dominguez Injury Centers is dedicated to your overall health and well-being. Which is why we offer regular chiropractic adjustments in order to restore your body’s natural state of optimal health, while also providing it with the support it needs to heal from any injury, big or small.